In todays world, most competitive business owners are constantly looking for ways to increase revenue and generate more traffic to their business. However many small businesses don’t know what SEO is or why it even matters. No matter the business type or industry, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is hands down the most effective way to increase your online presence and generate new sales. Put simply, SEO is the process in which websites and other online platforms are enhanced in order to correspond with the needs of major search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.). Doing so will result in higher ranking within the ‘organic’ unpaid search results, and in return will produce more leads and overall traffic. Many businesses fail to capitalize on SEO and are content with PPC services using Adwords. However that is only one of the avenues used and can end up costing you more in the long run.
Why does SEO matter?
For one to fully grasp the necessity of SEO, below are some factual statistics about the online marketplace:
- 75% of links clicked on are unpaid ‘organic’ results
- 80% of consumers use say that search engines are part of their purchasing process
- There are more than 131 billion searches a month worldwide
- 70-80% of consumers never search past the first page of results
- 75% of users don’t click on the sponsored links
- 90% of consumers also shop on their smartphones and tablets
- 80% of retailers plan to invest in mobile e-commerce in 2015
- Companies that do SEO have up to 300% more inbounding links
And even these are only scratching the surface. Unfortunately unless you’re in the marketing business chances are you won’t know what SEO is, which is why we’re sharing it’s importance. When it comes to the tools a business can use to their potential and get an awesome ROI, this is definitely the route to go.
In todays world, it is vital for every business to have an SEO strategy if they don’t want to be disappearing in search engines’ organic results. Adwords and Pay per click can only help you so much, but SEO is the single most component one needs in order to truly be successful in their online marketing.